Campsite near Saint-Florent in Corsica
To enjoy an unforgettable holiday and discover Corsica, Le Campoloro is the campsite for you. Campsite located in Northern Corsica, Le Campoloro offers you a wide range of possible accommodation such as bungalow (some of which are right on the water), the chalet cottage or the camping pitch. With its 4 stars, you will find all the necessary comfort for a pleasant stay with family. You can also savor delicious Corsican specialties in our renowned restaurant, the Campo Mare.
You will understand, located less than 60 km from Saint-Florent, the Campoloro Corsican campsite is ideally located if you want to discover the city but also, Calvi, Ile Rousse or Cap Corse. Let’s discover together the points of interest of Saint-Florent.
Discover Saint Florent
Saint-Florent is a very visited Corsican town every year, because it is one of the most typical and beautiful on the island.
It attracts tourists as much by the presence of historical and religious monuments, than by its splendid beaches or its port activities.
Located less than an hour’s drive from Cervione (and therefore from the Le Campoloro campsite), Saint-Florent is an enclave in one of the most popular Mediterranean gulfs.
History buffs will discover the remains of this ancient Roman city and other buildings that bear witness to the past.
< p>It is a city where culture has a great place: music, painting, sculpture or photography, many exhibitions and festivals are organized during the summer season.
The bay of Saint- Florent will not leave you indifferent and its light atmosphere will make you taste the sweetness of Corsican life.
Visit Saint-Florent: the must-see places not to be missed
Ready to discover Saint-Florent and explore the city in every nook and cranny ? We are here to help you ! Here are the must-see places not to be missed in the port city:
- The marina: it is the second largest on the island of beauty, just after that of Ajaccio. The port of Saint-Florent is very lively, whether it’s docking there by boat or strolling around, you will enjoy this place very popular with celebrities.
- The < strong>citadel: it is a fortress erected by the Genoese in 1439 whose exterior can be admired in all seasons, but to enter it is only possible in July and August. You will have the pleasure of seeing the entire Gulf of Saint-Florent from the esplanade of the monument.
- TheSanta Maria Assunta Cathedralor Nebbio Cathedral dedicated to the cult of the Virgin Married. This building dates from the 12th century and is listed as a historical monument.
- The desert des Agriates: it is possible to reach the beaches by boat from the port of Saint-Florent. It is a mountainous area intended, in time, for the breeding and cultivation of olive trees. You can visit the recently restored sheepfolds.
Activities to do in Saint-Florent
The activities are numerous and varied in Saint-Florent and its surroundings. If you are staying nearby, we advise you to take the Patrimonio wine route and discover the Corsican wine estates. The AOC Patrimonio brings together around thirty cellars and a terroir renowned throughout the world. The vineyards stretch over ten kilometers around the village of Patrimonio only 10 minutes from the center of Saint-Florent. In addition, from the land, you will have a breathtaking view of the Patrimonio valley. Here are the areas you absolutely need to know:
- L’Orenga de Gaffory: which produces the most widespread and marketed red wine in Corsica;
- Lazzarini: famous for its muscat;
- The Clos de Bernardi;
- The Gentile estate.
Otherwise, here are other activities that you can practice in Saint-Florent:
- Rent a jet ski or a boat to discover the small coves inaccessible by land
- Go parachute or paragliding: if you are a lover of thrills, you can observe the gulf from the sky.
- Rent a paddle or a kayak for a trip along the water, as revitalizing as it is peaceful.
- Test the flyboard, windsurfing or water skiing.
- Fly over the bay of Saint-Florent and the Agriates desert in a microlight.
- Get down rivers in canyoning for a unique experience
- Take a ride on horseback, quad, 4×4, buggy or bicycle at through the Corsican maquis.
- Go diving to discover the exceptional seabed.
The beaches near Saint-Florent
We will first talk about the two most beautiful wild beaches in Corsica, located on the edge of the Agriates desert:
- La plage de Saleccia, a large beach covered with fine sand and translucent, warm water, the all surrounded by a pine forest.
- The beach of Lotu, in the same spirit, worthy of a tropical beach, smaller in terms of area.
Here are the other beaches near Saint-Florent:
- La Plage de la Roya: which is located near from the old town and therefore accessible on foot. The water is shallow and therefore suitable for families with young children.
- The beach of l’Ospedale and l’Olzu : north of Saint-Florent, towards the village of Patrimonio.
Between the village of Saint-Florent and Lotu beach, there are also a few small coves< /strong> like Anse Fornoli or Fiume Santu Cove. You will have to walk a few kilometers to reach them, but you won’t regret it.
Going out in Saint-Florent
Saint-Florent is a very touristy town and therefore very lively day and night. Restaurants renowned for their typical and tasty cuisine such as “ Mamo la Tablée ”, “ La Gaffe ” or “ L ‘Auberge du Pêcheur ” will delight your taste buds.
Then, there’s nothing like eating an ice cream on the port and taking advantage of the shops that are still open or having a drink on the terrace on the port. In addition, entertainment is frequent in Saint-Florent: concerts, exhibitions, festivals, night markets, village festivals, there is something for everyone!