Campsite near Calvi in Corsica
Le Campoloro is a 4-star campsite offering you all the comfort you need to spend an unforgettable holiday in the company of your children and friends. With a aquatic park including swimming pools and slides for the enjoyment of children, you can enjoy many distractions and outdoor activities. a Corsican holiday club to distract you, have fun and relax.
Le Campoloro: the ideal campsite near Calvi
Located by the sea near sumptuous beaches, the Campoloro Corsican campsite offers top-of-the-range services for staying in several types of accommodation: rental of mobile homes, bungalows, chalets, camping pitches for tents, caravans and motorhomes.
You will find more details on our accommodation on this page.
Le Campoloro campsite brings together all the services needed to make your camping holiday easier: concierge, laundry, bar, fast food service, grocery store, rental of chairs and cots and fridge for pitches. You can also discover our restaurant located by the sea, the Campo Mare, to taste the best specialties Corsica.
Located 115 km from Calvi, i.e. 1h55 by road, Camping Le Campoloro is ideal for discovering Northern Corsica and its riches, such as the Cap Corse, Saint-Florent , Ile Rousse, the desert des Agriates and many other surprises.
Calvi is located on the northwest coast of the island of beauty, facing the coast of the Côte d’Azur. This is the economic and tourist capital of Balagne, renowned for its magnificent beaches and its citadel dating from the Middle Ages.
Between culture, history and strolling along the cobbled and colorful streets, Calvi will undeniably seduce.
Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte strongly marked the city, which is also very linked to the city of Genoa by having supported it during the Revolt of the Corsicans.
Discovering the town of Calvi, located 120 km from Cervione, means fulfilling all your wishes in terms of stay. From unmissable places to visit, to activities to do day and night, here is everything you need to know to prepare your trip to Calvi.
Visit Calvi: the must-see places not to be missed
The town of Calvi is distinguished by its two areas: the lower part, named “ la marine ” with its charm of yesteryear, and the citadel, a place steeped in history and strongly marked by the ‘architecture. Here are the must-see places when staying near Calvi:
- The Saint-Jean-Baptiste Cathedral: erected in the 16th century according to a Greek cross plan . The legend says that in 1555, the Genoese would have exposed the statue of Christ on the ramparts during the war against France, then allied with the Turks. The siege would then have been immediately lifted, sparing the city and its population.
- The Notre-Dame de la Serra Chapel and its magnificent belvedere from which one can observe a breathtaking panorama.
- The Calvi beach, bordered by a pine forest, where there are many restaurants and seaside bars.
- The salt tower: this is an old lookout post where salt was stored. Built in 1897, it is now attached to the citadel of Calvi, and has been listed as a historical monument since 1992.
- The Sainte-Marie-Majeure church: pink and Baroque in style, this religious building is located in the lower part of the city.
- The house of Christopher Columbus.
- The almost île de la Revellata: it is located in the Gulf of Calvi, a wild area and little frequented except by boaters. It is swept by violent winds and very little wooded. However, you will be able to see the Revellata lighthouse, also called “lighthouse of the Gulf of Calvi”, which culminates at nearly 100 meters above the sea. It has been listed as a French heritage site since 2001.
Activities to do in Calvi
In Calvi, strolling through the steep and pretty cobbled streets is very pleasant. You will be able to contemplate the architecture of the buildings, the art galleries, stock up on flavors and scents in the markets, or do some shopping in the shops of the very lively city. Rue Clemenceau is a must for shopping fans and Place Maréchal is a maze of small streets and passages typical of Corsican villages.
The little Balagne train, by the sweet name of “ U trinighellu ”, takes you around the villages on the hillside, all the way to Ile Rousse. For water sports enthusiasts, the pine forest lists sailing and diving schools and offers the rental of equipment and gear to enjoy the water in complete safety. Hiking, horseback riding or cycling are possible on the 4 kilometers of paths on the peninsula that will take you to the tip of Revellata.
The beaches near Calvi
If you want to opt for something other than the campsite’s swimming pool and water park, here are the most beautiful beaches located in the Calvi region:
- Beach from Calvi, its wooded surroundings and shallow water are ideal for the whole family.
- Crique de l’Alga: located 13 km from Calvi, this small wild beach offers an incomparable view of the Gulf of Calvi.
- Beach of Lozari: it is the largest beach in Balagne which allows you to install easily. It is perfectly suited to nautical activities.
- Beach of Sainte-Restitu: the little beach train can drop you off at this small cove with fine sand. A lifeguard station is located there, as swimming can be dangerous there depending on the season.
Going out in Calvi
In addition to the activities of your campsite such as the water park with swimming pool and slide, every year, a jazz festival comes to Calvi around June 13 to 18 and brings together renowned musicians and singers. But Calvi is also a rock festival, called “ Calvi on the Rocks ” which is held around July 14. Throughout the year, concerts, meetings and street festivals punctuate life in Calvi. There are many bars and restaurants in Calvi and welcome holidaymakers from the upper town to the port. Partygoers will then meet at the Annex, for a night punctuated by club sounds.