Campsite in Corsica near Ajaccio
To enjoy an unforgettable holiday in Corsica, Le Campoloro is the campsite for you. With its 5 stars, you are sure to find the necessary comfort for a good family holiday. Le Campoloro is a Corsican campsite ideally located as it is close to many points of interest in Corsica and located 130 kilometers from Ajaccio. You can easily discover the surroundings of Ajaccio such as the calanques de Piana and beautiful typical villages of Corsica leaving for the day for an unforgettable excursion.
Le Campoloro: the ideal campsite near Ajaccio
With its aquatic park including swimming pools and slides, you can also enjoy the activities of a Corsican holiday club relax, unwind and stay active whenever you want. Because after all, holidays are also made for resting!
Guests of Le Campoloro campsite have the privilege of staying on the Costa Verde, on the borders of Castagniccia where the ruins of the old stone villages constitute the past and the soul of the region.< /p>
Located by the sea with some of its waterfront bungalows, Le Campoloro offers top-of-the-range services to stay in several types of accommodation: mobile home rentals, bungalows, chalets, camping pitches for tents, caravans and motorhomes. You can eat at Campo Mare, a restaurant by the sea which is very famous in northern Corsica .
You will find more details about our accommodations on this page.
Le Campoloro campsite includes all the necessary services for make camping holidays easier for you: concierge, laundry, bar, fast food service, grocery store, rental of baby chairs and cots and refrigerators for bare pitches.
If you want to take advantage of your holidays to get back into sport, Corsican campsites offer fully equipped gyms with bicycles, elliptical machines, treadmills or rowing machines. Do you like aquatic activities? Try aquagym, beach volleyball or other water sports, and you will do your body good in a relaxed atmosphere.
Make the most of your stay at the Corsican campsite Le Campoloro to offer you a pleasant break, while your whole family enjoys unforgettable memories thanks to the facilities and equipment made available for this purpose, particularly the Campo Mare restaurant located by the sea.
Ajaccio is the capital of Corsica and the city where Napoleon Bonaparte is from. Located in southern Corsica, opposite the town of Cervione, between the sea and the mountains, the Ajaccio country offers many views and activities for an unforgettable holiday. Its exceptional wild nature enchants tourists who can choose to rest or to discover the Corsican culture. The port of Ajaccio is the most important of the island of beauty and the ferries that arrive or depart from it are numerous. This is why Ajaccio is often the starting point for your stay in Corsica. The typical gastronomy, but also the crafts, culture, architecture or quite simply the multiple landscapes of the island of a thousand faces will undoubtedly seduce you.
The city has also been classified as a “ city of art and history ” since 2012 thanks in particular to its citadel as well as other monuments (the 17th century Greek chapel, the Renaissance cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta, the Church of Saint Erasmus erected in 1622 and the Church of the Sacred Heart built in 1920 and paying homage to the men who fell in battle during the First World War) and museums (Marc Petit museum, Napoleonic museum, etc.) tracing the evolution of Ajaccio through the centuries. 40,000 works, from the 15th to the 19th century, are classified in the library and can be consulted by everyone. Let’s discover together the unmissable places, the activities and the beaches of the Ajaccio region, as well as the places to go out during your holidays.
Visit Ajaccio: the must-see places not to be missed
Here are the must-see places not to be missed in Ajaccio:
- The old town: history, tradition and strong identity are the key words for this visit.
- The national museum of the Bonaparte house: house classified as a historic monument of the emblematic emperor of Ajaccio.
- The port: stroll along the festive and convivial quays.
- The Fesch Palace: fine arts museum with a large number of exceptional pieces.
- The hinterland: small stone villages witnessing a rich and authentic past.
- The Parata site: natural decor labeled “ Grand site de France ” in 2017.
- The Sanguinaires Islands: and its 4 purple islets.
- The Voile de la Bride waterfall: located between Ajaccio and Corte.
- The canyons: of Richiusa, Zoicu, Verghellu, Granova, Baracci.< /li>
- Vizzavona Forest: green lung of 1634 hectares.
- Mount of Ignascu: culminating at 900 meters above sea level. altitude and from which you can admire the Gulf of Ajaccio.
- The national forest of Rospa-Sorba: and its rare species such as the large noctule or the European bat.
Activities to do in Ajaccio
Here are the activities you can do in Ajaccio. Young and old, there is something for everyone:
- A Cupulatta Park: over 2.5 hectares, the area is home to more than 3,000 tortoises and aquatic, from five continents. 170 species can be found on the estate, which the keepers raise, protect and study.
- The Fox Parc children’s playground, in Porticcio : over 4,000 m² you can find inflatable structures, a go-kart circuit as well as a football pitch for the enjoyment of children and teenagers and successful family holidays.
- The “ Rêves de Cimes ”: located 29 km from Ajaccio, this place is designed for those who like sporting stays and enjoy nature, so varied in Corsica. Everyone will be supervised by a professional to carry out tree climbing courses, zip lines, canyoning and a course on rock combining hiking and climbing, in complete safety.
- Le karting di a Granova is located just 20 minutes from Ajaccio and has the particularity of being in the open. It has an approved track of 600 meters. Accessible to adults and children.
Of course, the maritime city of Ajaccio also offers many nautical and aquatic activities such as the rental of gear or equipment allowing the practice of diving or snorkeling for example. Finally, the market will give you the opportunity to discover Corsican food products and crafts and buy something to please your loved ones.
The beaches near Ajaccio
There are 5 beaches in Ajaccio:
- Goéland beach: idyllic with its translucent water and white sand.
- Barbicaja beach: very touristy on the right and wilder on the left.
- Grand Capo beach: it is reached by small paths.
- Sacred Land Beach: which crosses the monument to the dead and offers a breathtaking view of the Sanguinaires Islands.
- Macumba Beach, or Vignola: with its charming little coves.
Going out in Ajaccio
For night owls, there are several possibilities to go out in Ajaccio:
- TheLuna Park: the funfair is open every evenings on July and August and offers many games and rides for all ages, as well as fast food and confectionery stands.
- The many bistros and restaurants to discover the local cuisine.
- The summer festivals (Saint-Erasme, music festival, Saint-Jean).
- The Festival de jazz taking place every year at the end of June.
- The changing of the guard offers a show every Thursday in the summer.
- The night markets, events, exhibitions, meetings, etc.