Campsite near L'Île Rousse in Corsica
90 kilometers from L’Île Rousse, i.e. 1.5 hours by car, the 5-star campsite Le Campoloro is the ideal place to stay in Corsica. Located by the sea, our campsite will allow you to discover northern Corsica and all its points of interest: the Cap Corse, Saint-Florent, Calvi</a >, Bastia, the Agriates Desert and many more surprises!
Le Campoloro: the ideal campsite near L'Île Rousse
You will also find a aquatic park in our Corsican campsite to satisfy the whole family.
In addition to our restaurant Le Campo Mare located on the beach, Le Campoloro campsite has all the services needed to make your camping holiday easier:
- hire of baby chairs and cots and fridge for pitches.
Visit Île Rousse: the must-see places not to be missed
Île Rousse is located in Balagne and is easily reached by road from Île de la Pietra, a rocky islet from which the view of the coast is incomparable. It takes its name from the orange colored porphyry rocks.
Île Rousse offers visitors a superb beach of light sand, a varied architecture, between Florentine houses, fortified villas and religious buildings from the Franciscan era.
Its port, formerly frequented by fishermen, is large enough today to accommodate ferries arriving from the continent.
- The Pietra lighthouse: erected in 1875, it offers a unique view of the coast and is listed as a national heritage site.
- The covered market: during the day, you can shop for food and at night, it serves as an exhibition space for Corsican painters.
- The Parc de Saleccia: for a breath of fresh air with the family or with friends.
- The Scalo Tower
- The religious buildings: the Church of Mercy, the Church of the Immaculate Conception or the Saint-Dominique Convent;
- The Islands of Roccio, Roccetto and Piano.
Activities to do in Ile Rousse
If you are staying near Île Rousse, you can explore the town on foot or on board the little train provided for this purpose. It is also possible to rent a segway or a bicycle to do it. Strolling through the city center is an opportunity to discover art shops or buy local products</a > by going to the covered market.
As for the activities to do in Île Rousse, we advise you to take a guided tour of the city to discover its current and past life. You can also board the beach tram that connects Île Rousse to Calvi. Fifteen stations are on the program thanks to which you can immerse yourself in sumptuous landscapes.
A hike on the “ A Marinella ” promenade will enchant you and will lead you straight to the Pietra lighthouse. Your stay on Île Rousse is also an opportunity to discover the fabulous Corsican seabed by learning about scuba diving. It is also possible to discover the Corsican underwater biodiversity by opting for snorkeling. It is practiced in groups in the creeks off the coast with an experienced instructor.
Of course, as in all seaside resorts, it is possible to try water sports such as kayaking or paddle. If you prefer, you can also rent a sailboat or a boat for a day to access the beaches directly from the sea. Finally, many activities are planned for children on the Island.
The beaches near Île Rousse
Île Rousse is a destination of choice for lovers of white sand beaches. It will therefore be difficult to choose between our options during your stay in Ile Rousse:
- Plage Napoléon — Plage Marinella: very lively with restaurants and beach bars, it is the closest to the city center. Give yourself a sweet moment while strolling the Marinella promenade.
- Caruchettu Beach: it adjoins Napoleon Beach and differs from it by the few rocks that make it up.
- La Digue Beach: sheltered from the winds thanks to the protection offered by the Pietra peninsula, this small beach will offer you an unobstructed view, calm and serenity.</li >
- Ghjunchitu Beach – Corbara: this large sandy beach is located 5 km from Île Rousse. Surrounded by the maquis and less populated than the others, you will taste the pleasure of the wild nature.
- Bodri de Corbara Beach: also located 5 km west of the center of Île Rousse, this heavenly cove is close to the preserved natural site of Pointe de Ginebre and easily accessible .
Going out at Ile Rousse
At night, the port and the town center of Île Rousse light up. There are many terraces and it is possible to sit down or go to a bar for a drink and admire the setting sun. Why not take a picnic to eat on the beach, then enjoy an ice cream while strolling through the cobbled streets? During the summer, many nighttime activities take place: markets, concerts, exhibitions, parties, etc. And if you want to party, know that the “ le Pub’s ” nightclub is ready to welcome you until the end of the night.