Campsite near Corte in Corsica
To enjoy unforgettable holidays and discover Corsica, Le Campoloro is the campsite for you. Close to Corte, Le Campoloro campsite offers a wide choice of accommodation such as bungalows, chalets and campsite. With its 4 stars, you will find all the necessary comfort for a pleasant family stay.
Le Campoloro: the ideal campsite near Corte
Le Campoloro is an ideally located campsite because it is close to Corte, Cap Corse and many points of interest in Northern Corsica. With its seaside restaurant Campo Mare, its aquatic park including swimming pools and slides, you can enjoy the activities of a Corsican holiday club, relax, unwind and stay active whenever you want.
The Corsican campsite the Campoloro is located by the sea with some of its bungalows have their feet in the water. You will therefore have the beach nearby to enjoy the warm sand of the Mediterranean Sea.
The Campoloro offers top-of-the-range services to stay in several types of accommodation: mobile home rentals, bungalows, chalets, camping pitches for tents, caravans and motorhomes.
You will find more details on our accommodation on this page.
Le Campoloro campsite includes all the necessary services to make your camping holiday easier: concierge, laundry, bar, fast food service, grocery store, rental of baby chairs and cots and refrigerator for children bare pitches.
Corte is one of the most typical perched villages of Haute-Corse. At the time when the island of beauty was independent, Corte was also its capital. Located 400 meters above sea level and on the side of a cliff, it overlooks the Corsica Regional Natural Park. Corte is less than 80 kilometers from Cervione and is characterized by a wild, verdant mountain setting.
Corte offers breathtaking views of the Restonica and Tavignano valleys as well as monuments to ancient architecture such as the 18th century citadel and the 15th century castle.
Its historic centre, cobbled streets and stone houses will delight holidaymakers looking for authenticity. But, Corte is also a lively village, especially in summer, with its squares and shopping streets and restaurants where you can taste a rich and tasty Corsican cuisine. We are now going to discover in more detail all there is to see and do if you live in Corte, or in the surrounding area.
Visit Corte: the must-see places not to be missed
Here are the places you absolutely must visit during a stay in Corte:
- The Restonica Valley: where you can many hikes and also bathe in its white waters.
- La Scala di Santa Regina and la Spelunca: this was a path, at the time, the only one to link the Niolu to the plain. It is a “ staircase ” carved in stone allowing the herds to be transhumed.
- The Vecchio gorges: and their Gustave Eiffel viaduct built in 1888 and culminating 96 meters high. It is now classified as a historical monument.
- The Niolu: it is a land long exploited only by shepherds which was recognized as sheltering the resistance.
- The Monte Rotondo massif: it is the second highest massif on the island. It culminates at 2622 meters and overlooks several lakes.
- Vizzavona Forest: this is a pine and beech forest very popular for walks, by bike or on horseback.
- The Tavignano Valley: the river which rises there is ideal for the practice of certain sports activities such as kayaking or canyoning for example.
- The Arch of Corte: you must first walk on green paths through the peaks, between the chestnut trees and the pine forest to reach it.
- The Verghellu Valley: it should soon become part of the nature reserves. This valley is well known for being a hotspot for rafting thanks to its many natural slides.
- Monte Cintu or “ roof of Corsica ”: hence the you can see the whole island of beauty.
Activities to do in Corte
Haute-Corse is the ideal place for hiking, but also water sports in the river. It will also be possible to go climbing in this mountainous region, microlight, via ferrata or paragliding.
In the village, you will discover historical monuments such as the citadel of Middle Ages which houses the Regional Museum of Anthropology of Corsica, but also the Regional Fund for Contemporary Art and the University Institute of Technology. You can also visit the 17th century Sainte-Croix chapel and its colorful paintings in the Baroque style, the belvedere offering a breathtaking view of the castle of Corte and the valley, the fountain of the 4 cannons.
For a time to stroll and shop, Cours Paoli is Corte’s main shopping street. Very lively, this street will allow you many activities: restaurants, bars, shops, etc. You can also contemplate the statue of Pascal Paoli, emblem of the city.
If you like the atmosphere, go to the upper part of Corte and more precisely to Place Gaffory, also very lively . You can relax there while tasting the local cuisine, having a drink and getting to know the Gaffory house, leader of the Corsican revolt against the Genoese.
Nearby is one of the oldest grocery stores in ‘Europe (it dates from 1769) which offers typical Corsican products such as charcuterie, cheese, cakes and jam as well as wines and spirits.
Going out in Corte
In addition to the bars and restaurants that can be found everywhere in Corte, be aware that night entertainment is frequent in summer. Between village festivals, markets, exhibitions and concerts, you will find what you are looking for. Note that a cinema is also at your disposal in Corte as well as two nightclubs.